Saturday, September 12, 2009
I've been having fun exploring all the possibilities of things you can do with the new Treat Cups, but the one thing that kept bothering me is the recipient would have to rip the thing apart to eat the candy. So today I got busy and came up with a solution... for this one at least.
My 3x3 card with sliding door, to remove the candy without tearing the thing apart!
You will need:
1. Cut cardstock to 3" x 6" and folded in half for the base of the card.
2. Slider door cardstock is 2" x 2-5/8" Punch a Round Tab and fold it in half, stamp with Sweet Treats from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.
3. Stamped and cut out image from Sweet centers stamp set. Punch center with 1-3/4" Circle Punch.
4. Treat cup
6. Place 4 Mini Glue Dots to the rim of the Treat cup facing the focal image, NOT THE BACK WHERE THE PEEL AND STICK PAPER IS. Insert Treat Cup into the punched hole of the main image.
YOU WILL NOT BE REMOVING THE PEEL AND STICK PAPER AT ALL FOR THIS PROJECT.
7. Turn the main image over, place 4 Mini Glue Dots on the very edge of all 4 corners of the main image.
8. Lay the slider door on top just to see that the Mini Glue Dots are not in the way of the movement of the door, but do not attach.
10. Punch with 1-3/4" hole. Depending on where you place the image (mine is towards the top) the punch may not reach all the way. It is off such a fraction that it doesn't seem to show or matter to the function of the project.
11. Carefully place the image with Treat Cup attached on to the card base. NOTE: It is more important to align your image so that it is straight then it is to cover the hole exactly.
12. Fill with Candy
13. Insert the slider door between the image and the card base.
14. Embellish with a Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon and enjoy!